Here at the Sea School of Embodiment, we are very excited to announce that we now hold regular cuddle parties which allows adults to experience the positive effects of non-sexual touch (think hugs, foot rubs, back rubs, spooning …) in an intentional space that is structured around consent and boundaries.
Cuddle parties are a great way to raise oxytocin levels(also known as the ‘love’ hormone) in the body through the power of touch. Oxytocin has a positive impact on your blood pressure, nervous system, emotional health, creativity, and sense of safety comfort and belong. It also increase your ability to connect with and trust people and respect and care for yourself.
For latest dates see here.
Hold on… What is a Cuddle Party?
A Cuddle Party is an event that allows adults to experience the positive effects of non-sexual touch (think hugs, foot rubs, back rubs, spooning …) in an intentional space that is structured around consent and boundaries.
Well, what does that mean?
Firstly, touching other human beings is really good for you! Science tells us that human beings need touch and affection to lead fulfilled happy lives. Touching others produces a hormone called Oxytocin. Here are some of the things oxytocin positively impacts:
- your blood pressure
- your nervous system
- your emotional health
- your ability to connect with and trust people
- your ability to respect and care for yourself
- your creativity
- your sense of safety, comfort, and belonging
Second, the first hour of this event is a workshop on what consent and boundaries look like at a Cuddle Party. Through this participants gain:
- Clarity and confidence
- Boundary and communication skills
- Comfort, support and Encouragement.
- Translatable skills to everyday life
In summary, a trained facilitator gently leads you and the other guests through an orientation, where you’ll learn to make easy, respectful requests and communicate clear boundaries, and where we’ll go over the simple rules. Then you’ll have plenty of time to relax, chat, cuddle, have a snack, or just hang out.
Who is it for?
Cuddle Party is a holistic, social environment, that attracts fascinating people from all walks of life. It provides a special and unique opportunity for connection, learning and growth. Come cuddle with us!
Some people are already comfortable with touch and can’t wait to be in a place where that’s OK.
Others aren’t even sure they want any touch at all, but come to explore some communication skills.
Others are just curious about what it might be like.
Whatever your reasons, a Cuddle Party is a great playground for discovering more about yourself, for exploring new ways of connecting with others, or simply enjoying a relaxing, cozy evening with other cuddly souls.
Most Cuddle Parties (unless otherwise specified) include both women and men, (about 10-25 people) and are held at private homes. They last about 3 ½ hours. We charge a modest fee to cover the training, time and responsibilities of our facilitators. Adults only (18 and up).
We welcome diversity in culture, gender, sexuality, physical ability and life experience.
- 5:30pm – Doors Open
- 5:30pm – 6 pm – Cuddlers arrive, check in, have tea.
- 6 pm – 7 pm – Welcome Circle (attendees MUST attend the entire welcome circle to participate. If you have not arrived by 6 pm you will not be able to attend the event).
- 7 pm – 8:45pm – Open consent aware cuddle time.
- 8:45pm – 9 pm – Closing circle
- 9 pm – 9:30 pm – Goodbyes
Are there any rules?
Absolutely. Here they are. 🙂
- Clothes stay on the whole time
- You don’t have to touch anyone at a Cuddle Party, ever.
- You must ask permission and receive a verbal YES before you touch anyone. (Be as specific in your request as possible.)
- If you are a yes, say YES. If you are a no, say NO.
- If you are a maybe, say NO,
- You are encouraged to change your mind.
- Respect your relationship agreements and communicate with your partner.
- Get a facilitator if you have a question, concern, or need assistance.
- Tears and laughter are both welcome.
- Respect people’s privacy when sharing about Cuddle Party.
- Keep the cuddle space tidy.
You can find out more about Cuddle Party at http://www.cuddleparty.com/faq/
IMPORTANT CUDDLE PARTY NOTES:
BRING: Comfortable lounging clothes (The CuddleParty.com site talks about pyjamas – these are not required at this event! Though you are welcome to wear them if you wish).
Non-alcoholic beverages and/or snacks to share are also welcome, as are cuddle accessories (i.e. pillow, blanket, stuffed animals etc.).
PLEASE BE ON TIME: Doors Open at 6pm and there is no admission after 6:30 pm. The opening Welcome Circle is for introductions and to go over the rules of Cuddle Party. This is an important aspect of the Cuddle Party experience and creates a safe container for all participants. It is essential that everyone be on time.
Allergies/Sensitivity Notes: Please be as scent free as possible
Cost: £25 (please contact me if this is not possible for you as I believe everyone should have access to Cuddle Party)
Places are limited – Click here to book
We look forwarding to seeing you at Cuddle Party!
Kian de la Cour is a Certified Cuddle Party Facilitator, a Certified Somatic Sex Educator and Sexological Bodyworker with over 20 years of experience educating and guiding people into experiencing deeper connection with themselves.
Katie Sarra is a Cuddle Party Facilitator in Training, a Certified Somatic Sex Educator, Sexological Bodyworker, tantra teacher, art psychotherapist, Playback Theatre performer and artist.